MISSIONIt is our mission to become the leading donor family charity in the transplant community by providing awareness of organ donation and through the highest quality support for every donor family.
VISIONIt is our vision to promote the positive benefits of organ and tissue donation for the families of those who have died and donated, for recipients and for those awaiting transplants.
- To encourage more families to talk about organ donation and to be able to say yes to organ donation if the situation should arise
- To encourage people to join the Organ Donor Register
- To provide high quality support to donor families
- To influence healthcare professionals views on organ donation from the donor family perspective
- To ensure our charity has the integrity and independence to fulfil its mission
- The Donor Family Network is run by donor families for donor families. The charity is entirely funded by donations.
ETHOSThe work of the Donor Family Network is symbolised by its logo which consists of a butterfly and a forget-me-not. The butterfly represents hope and new life and the forget-me-not means no donor will ever be forgotten.
FAMILY RIGHTSThe Donor Family Network believes that all families have the right to be asked about organ donation at the time of the death of a loved one. All families also have rights relating to respect, information, informed choices and involvement in care as set out in the Donor Family Charter.
All families deserve to be treated with compassion, patience, trust, tolerance, understanding and respect. This will be regardless of age, gender, faith, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, appearance or ability.